posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Special set 20 years later airs on November 24
The official Twitter account for the 50th anniversary special of the family television anime Sazae-san revealed on Tuesday that Rena Matsui will play a 31-year-old Hayakawa in the special’s live-action segment.
In the anime, Hayakawa was one of Katsuo’s classmates, and was friends with Hanazawa and Kaori. In the live-action segment set 20 years later, Hayakawa is the first among her friends to be married, and is now a housewife. She maintains a good relationship with her old friends.
The live-action segment’s cast members include (from left to right in image above):
- Yoshie Ichige as Fune
- Masatō Ibu as Namihei
- Gaku Hamada as Katsuo
- Yūki Amami as Sazae
- Hidetoshi Nishijima as Masuo
- Mayu Matsuoka as Wakame
- Ryō Narita as Tarao
- Hiyori Sakurada as Hitode Fuguta
Other cast members include:
- Shinya Kote as Masuo’s co-worker Anago
- Norito Yashima as Sazae’s cousin Norisuke Namino
- Taiki Nakabayashi as Wakame’s boyfriend Takeshi Kaizuka
- Yū Inaba as Norisuke’s son Ikura Namino
- Kazuyuki Asano as Sazae-san’s neighbor Nanbutsu Isasaka.
- Keiko Horiuchi as Taiko Namino, the wife of Sazae-san’s cousin Norisuke
- Kunikazu Katsumata as delivery man Sabu-chan
- Tomoka Kurokawa as Kaori, one of Katsuo’s classmates
The anime segment of the special will bring in fantasy elements as it depicts the past of Sazae’s family, as well as a family trip. Earlier this year, the staff chose 28 families from Tokyo’s Asahigaoka district (the setting of the Sazae-san story) to be animated into the series, and this anniversary special’s anime segment will feature three of those families. These families’ names will even appear in the anime segment.